Thursday 4 September 2014

Ferrets!

Whilst driving yesterday I saw something that made me stop the car in the middle of the high street. Yes you guessed it it was an animal, however, not one that I expected to be on a lead going across the road. My husband is always claiming I have the attention span of a gnat when I am in the car and get distracted easily.

However, in my defence yesterday, there was a ferret on a lead walking across the road! Now, I love ferrets, always have done and had them when I was a child, yeah weird I know my friends had hamsters, I had ferrets. This should have been a sign of things to come.

Anyway driving up the main high street, stopped at crossing and thee it was with an elderly lady casually walking on the lead. At this point I begun to hit my husbands leg, come on ladies we all do this when we want their full attention. "look, look, its a ferret" I screeched in a high pitch. 

At this point he calmly looked at me and said "NO, You are NOT getting a ferret" my reply was......"yeah, whatever, you said that about the goats!" This did not go down well......when will I learn to shut my mouth and sneak the animals in, not pre warn him they will arrive at some point in the future. 

So, off trundled the little ferret, who had obviously done this trip many times before, and I begun to plan how I would get a ferret in the property without my ever suffering husband knowing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment