Monday 11 August 2014

Nature Really Does Know Best

In the past when we have had mums sat on eggs of any description we have got involved and faffed. This has resulted in disasters, and many things going wrong, which is why we now try and not get involved. Mario decided to sit on her eggs, which was exciting, but in the main duck house which was worrying!



In the past I would have moved her but as we were so busy I kept forgetting to, and then completely forgot she was on eggs at all. Until one day a child came running towards me, which is typically a sign of panic or hunger. Apparently the eggs that I had forgotten about had hatched!

I was impressed without any interference Mario is now the proud mum of 10 small cute water chickens! Yes, I said water chickens........Mrs L small son calls them that and I must say I love it, far better than being called a duck!




1 comment:

  1. I love it when some critter shows up with a baby (or 10) without any interference from us. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete