Wednesday 21 May 2014

I Finally Got the Ducklings

As many of you know I have been on the hunt for ducklings, but it seems there is a shortage this year. Everyone I called had none, and I begun to give up, however, I had a conversation with a guy one day and he claimed to be able to get a duckling.

He said that his uncle, knew a guy, who knew a guy that had a duckling, and I could have it. I waited and nothing, so I gave up, and thought this guy was like so many and simply full of himself. Until late one night, we got a call he was apparently stood in a dark alley with the duckling.

So, I had to drag myself out of bed, in the car for a 10 minute drive to collect a duckling from a guy in a dark alley. Only in my world would this seem even partially normal. he handed me a crate with a piece of wood over the top which seemed extreme for one small duckling.

As I got home I realised there was no where for the duckling to go, so I made a temporary home and opened the box. I discovered not one duckling, but a duck and seven ducklings! Bonus for me, but you do wonder where the hell he had found a mum and ducklings in the dark.....I learnt a long time ago never ask questions!


1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dont ask no questions and you wont be told any lies ;-)

    ReplyDelete