Sunday 31 March 2013

I achieved the impossible

There are moments in life, when you need to take a step back and look at what you have achieved with a sense of pride. Most things I touch here turn to disaster, but miraculously I have managed to grow tomatoes. Now to some this may seem a common achievement, but to me this was in fact a miracle.

I have on several occasions attempted to grow different things, but either forgot to water them, left them in the sun, or allowed something with four legs to eat the plant. However, I was determined to grow something, and everyone claims that tomatoes are sooooooooo easy!

Growing up my grandfather grew tomatoes, and they were amazing, I remember sitting watching him as he spent hours in his vegetable garden and greenhouse. I hope that my amazing achievement will make him proud, as I still cannot believe that I have grown something, and it is edible.

I am also growing chilis and celery, both of which are also thriving, although we will not be bale to live of what I am growing it is a start. I have a plan to attempt a couple more plants/vegetables and see what happens. What is the worst that can go wrong, oh yeah they die and I fail, oh well won't be the first time, so here is to my first little steps on the path to self sufficiency.


No comments:

Post a Comment