Thursday 27 December 2012

Escapee's

I am getting to the point now where if nothing wants to stay put then I refuse to spend half my day running around after it. Jack and Jill pushed me over the edge yesterday as they escaped again, went straight up the 200ft mountain and refused to come back down. I know that goats are very homely creatures and typically will return, but there is always that doubt that they might not.

So, we stood at the bottom of the mountain calling, shaking a bucket and generally looking idiots, the goats were no where to be seen, and I was becoming more pissed off as I had better things to do than stand waiting for a goat. I gave up, and stomped off, an hour later Jack appeared on my terrace looking for corn, and wanting to get let back into the orchard.

It was just one of those days, as the feral chicken and her five chicks, yes the others died, decided that she didn't want to be in the maternity wing, and some how got out! OK, this chicken really was an escape artist, as she gets through fences. We have no idea how, but she was there wandering around the orchard, ignoring us and eating food.

I know my fence building skills are frankly crap, but these animals have everything they need inside, so why do they persist in escaping! Lets hope today everything remains where it should be, and we have a day where I am not chasing animals!


No comments:

Post a Comment